TNPSC Librarian Recruitment 2018 Apply Online / TNPSC Librarian Grade-I Notification 2018 Age Qualification / TNPSC Librarian Grade-I Recruitment 2018 / TNPSC Librarian Recruitment 2018 Eligibility Criteria & Selection Process
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commision (TNPSC) is going to announce in Employment Notification 2018 for Librarian Grade-I & Assistant Librarian Various Vacancy Posts, the Government have issued orders to fill up 20% of all vacancies in Direct Recruitment on preferential basis to persons studied the prescribed qualification in Tamil Medium. The 20% reservation of vacancies on preferential allotment to Persons Studied in Tamil Medium (PSTM) will apply
The Candidate, who opts for and eligible to apply for more than one posts, should specify the name of the post / posts in the application as per the preferential order. This order of preference for posts will be subject to the order of selection mentioned in para 8(b). If a candidate has not opted for any of the posts, he/she will be considered for the post in the order as specified in para -1 of the Notification subject to his / her eligibility to the posts.
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commision (TNPSC) Board Applications are invited only through online mode upto 2018 for Direct Recruitment to the vacancies in the following posts
Name of the Post
- College Librarian in Government Arts and Science Colleges District Library Officer
- Assistant Librarian and Information Officer for Anna Centenary
- Library in PublicLibraries Department
Age Limit – Librarian in Law Colleges SC, SC (A), ST, MBC / DC, BC, BCM and Destitute Widows of all Castes Minimum Age 18 Years Maximum Age No Age limit Others i.e. candidates not belonging to SC, SC(A), ST, MBC/DC, BC and BCM Minimum Age 18 Years Maximum Age 35 Years
College Librarian – in Government Arts and Science Colleges (i) Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science or Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with not less than fifty five percentage of marks or its equivalent grade, where grading system is practiced and a consistently good academic record with knowledge on computerization of Library; and (ii) Pass in the National Eligibility Test (NET) or other accredited test like State Level Eligibility Test (SET) in Library Science conducted for the purpose by the University Grants Commission or any other agency approved by the University Grants Commission.
District Library Officer – (i) A Master’s degree in Arts and Science. (ii) A Master’s degree in Library Science. AND (iii) Experience for a period of not less than three years in any of the Libraries in a Supervisory cadre.
Assistant Librarian and Information Officer – (i) A Master’s degree of a University recognized by the University Grants Commission and (ii) A Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science of a University recognized by the University Grants Commission.
Fee – Registration Fee Rs.150/- Examination Fee Rs.200/-
Selection Process – Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e. (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test.
Examination fee – Rs.175/- be paid i.e. Cost of Application Rs. 50/- + Examination fee Rs.125/-
Name of the Center
- Date of Notification – .2018
- Last date for submission of application – .2018
- Last date for payment of Fee through Bank (SBI or Indian Bank) – .2018
Date of Written Examination
- Paper – I (Library and Information Science) 24.02.2018 – FN 10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M
- Paper – II (General Studies) 24.02.2018 AN 02.30 – P.M. to 04.30 P.M
Examination fee – TNPSC Librarian Examination fee Rs.150/- i.e. Cost of Application Rs.50/- + Examination fee Rs. 100
Selection Process – (i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test.
How to Apply – Candidates should apply only through online in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or in www.tnpscexams.net
- Click “Apply Online” to open up the On-Line Application Form
- Select the name of the post or service for which you wish to apply
- If you already have Unique ID, please enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them, if necessary
- If you do not have valid ID, please enter all the required particulars without skipping any field.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature. An online application is incomplete without the photograph and signature upload.